Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

I think I forgot to post my menu last week...sorry!  I am doing it first thing today so I don't forget again. :) I created my menu last night and we are trying a few new recipes this week.  It's always more fun for me if I get to try new things. :) I have a couple of these recipes that I want to share with you so I will add them when I get a chance.

Tuesday- Chicken salad *new*
Wednesday- Porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans
Thursday- Pasta (with sauce from the freezer)
Friday- Hearty Lentil Stew*new* (we are supposed to have a couple of chilly days!)
Saturday- BBQ chicken pizza, salad
Sunday- Steak fajitas, beans and tortillas

What do you typically fix for breakfasts and lunches?
We are going to try a couple of new things for breakfast this week....Blueberry breakfast crisp and Warm and nutty cinnamon quinoa.  But usually, our go-to's are cereal, oatmeal (Abby's FAVORITE thing), corn "mush" (this is a new one for us...but similar to malt-o-meal...Joshua loves this one), and breakfast burritos. The kids love add-ins so we like to add dried fruit, bluberries, nuts, ground flax seed (and of course a little brown sugar to our hot cereals).

For lunches, it varies.  Sometimes it's leftovers.  Other common things on our lunch menu include sandwiches, eggs and toast, soup, grilled cheese, quesadillas, bean & cheese burritos and wraps. Then we add a little fruit and/or veggie on the side.

I'd love to hear about your go-to breakfast and lunch items!!!
For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.
Happy eating!
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lovely blog visitors