Thursday, April 8, 2010
Curried Lentils - recipe
sour cream, cilantro, green onions
1. Chop and fry up an onion in a big soup pot with a little cooking spray (I usually add a little olive oil for some healthy fat). Once it is soft and golden, add garlic and cook for one more minute.
2. Wash and pick over lentils. Add lentils, curry powder, coconut milk and broth to the soup pot.
3. Bring to a boil and then cook on med-low for about 10-15 minutes, until lentils start to soften.
4. Bury potatoes under lentils. Put the lid on and simmer without disturbing for ten minutes.
5. Check to see if it's getting too dry, add water or broth if needed. Stir gently and continue to cook until potatoes and lentils are tender.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is a thick stew not a soup so if it's soupy take of the lid and keep cooking. Serve on top of rice with sour cream, chopped cilantro and green onions (extra points for the rice and sour cream).
I hope you like this. We have it a couple times a month...Jer really loves curry!