Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cream of celery soup - recipe

Here's a low point soup that is tasty and filling.  I love to have a cup of a low point veggie soup in the afternoon when the tummy rumbles hit. I have a few others I will share as soon as I get a chance.
Cream of celery soup













Cream of Celery Soup
WW points per cup-1.25
Servings: 4 (one cup each serving)
2 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 small potato, peeled and diced
2 tsp olive oil
4 large stalk celery, diced
1 cup onion, diced (about 1 small onion)
2 clove garlic clove, minced
Directions: Saute onion in olive oil for a few minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for another minute or two. Add broth, celery and potato and bring to a boil. Turn to low, add lid and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Blend soup in blender or with an immersion blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lovely blog visitors