Monday, November 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Another easy week. We are pretty busy so I probably won't try anything new. (Well, maybe a new pumpkin recipe if I stumble across one...I have some fresh pumpkin puree I need to use. If you have a favorite pumpkin recipe, please leave me a link in the comments!)

Monday- Crock pot beef roast (we had leftovers last night instead of this so we'll have it tonight.), mashed potatoes, peas
Tuesday- Crock pot Mexican Chicken soup, salad
Wednesday- Chili and rice with some steamed brocolli
Thursday- out (if we end up going to Costco, we'll eat there)
Friday & Saturday- not sure yet...we will have family visiting :)
Sunday- Tuna Casserole with green beans

For a ton of menu ideas, visit www.orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

  1. hey girl!
    i miss hanging out at paper popsicles. still checking in at your blog though.
    i saw your request for good pumpkin recipes and had to share this one with you. i took it to my local stamp club's christmas dinner party and everyone loved it. I'm sure it would be much better with fresh pumpkin instead of canned.

    Here is the Pumpkin Pie in a Mug recipe typed directly from the Southern Lady magazine



    Pumpkin Pie in a Mug

    Makes 6 servings

    3 cups half-n-half

    3 cups milk

    ¾ cup sugar

    1 cup canned pumpkin puree

    2 Tbsp vanilla extract

    2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

    ¼ tsp salt

    Garnish: whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice



    In a large saucepan, combine half-n-half, milk and sugar over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.

    Add pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, whisking to combine well. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally; do not boil.
    Garnish with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, if desired.



    My notes:

    I had a big carton of half-n-half that had 4 cups in it. So I used all that plus 4 cups of milk. I also added a little bit more sugar and pumpkin since I added extra liquid.

    I wish I had made it in my big stockpot so I could’ve really whisked it well; my saucepan was just barely big enough so I couldn’t whisk too vigorously --- and I think that might be why there were some bits of pumpkin in it.

    ReplyDelete

My lovely blog visitors