Monday, November 9, 2009

Whole Wheat Bread

We have made this many times. I got this recipe from Jeremy's aunt Linda-thanks!!
Wheat Bread
1 TBS yeast
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups warm water
2 TBS honey
2 TBS oil (I use olive oil)
1/2 tsp salt

Directions: Disolve yeast in water. Let sit until foamy (about 5-10 minutes). Mix all of the ingredients together and knead about 25 times. (I use my mixer and dough hook to make all of my breads now, but I didn't used to and this is not a hard bread to make by hand.) Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Punch down, shape and put on a pan to bake. Cover and let rise another 20 minutes or until doubled in size. Make a few slashes in the top of the loaf about 1/2 inch deep. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until golden and the bottom sounds hollow when you tap on it. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
WW- 10 slices @ about 3 points each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lovely blog visitors