Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New sewing project-Camera Strap Cover

Who needs sleep?  I mean really.  Sleep is overrated when you can stay up crafting!!!! LOL No, I really do need my sleep most nights...but I was so anxious to try this fun little project last night that I didn't get nearly enough of it.

I came across this tutorial on how to make a cover for your camera strap -http://funtocraft.blogspot.com/2010/02/camera-strap-cover-tutorial_15.html and thought it was such a great idea.  I've had my eye on cute camera straps sold online but couldn't justify spending 20-30 on one so this was perfect! I used mostly materials/scraps I already had (and I am realizing almost all of my fabrics are kiddy...I need to start stocking up on more grown up prints! LOL) but I did have to buy 1/8 of a yard of the soft cream fabric.  (I only spent $2 and have enough left to make another strap in different colors!).  Anyhow, the pink is a little bright, but it's fun and the cream fabric that goes around my neck is oooh sooo soft!!! So much nicer than the itchy and boring old strap!
Also, does anyone know how to create a "stamp" (or ?? I really don't know what it would be called) to easily stamp my name on my photos in Photoshop Elements?  Seems like a pain to have to use the text tool everytime. I am sure one of you knows!!!! Help! :)

Happy sewing!!
Stacey




5 comments:

  1. It turned out SO cute!! Thanks for linking back to the tutorial. I love yours!

    Oh, and the watermark on your photos is EASY to make. I will email you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can SO relate to your "who needs sleep?" question...the story of my life! :)

    Cute project, too! Glad to see you putting your new machine to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Sleep is so overrated anyway. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you get your watermark info? There is a great video done by stamperkub --- let me go see if I can find the link easily.
    oops - it's stampinkub!
    http://www.stampinkub.com/tutorials/tips/watermark.html
    you might have to copy and paste the link but it's what I used to create mine!
    Something not covered in the video --- I set up my new document with the transparent background, 600 pixels by 600 pixels and 72 resolution. Save it as a .png

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Cassie!! Thanks...I will check it out when I get a couple of minutes. :) Thanks for the extra info as well!!

    ReplyDelete

My lovely blog visitors