This is sooo yummy!! It's a combination of different recipes I have found and tried. We all love this!
6 cups water
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 chicken bouillon cubes
½ tsp celery seed
1 ½ tsp poultry seasoning
¼ tsp pepper
1. Boil water and add the chicken.
2. Simmer until chicken is cooked through (30-40 minutes).
3. Remove chicken from pot.
4. Add bouillon, veggies and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
5. Cut meat into chunks & add to pot.
6. Simmer about 20-30 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Prepare the dough for your dumplings while it simmers.
7. Taste the broth. Add a little salt if it needs it but it probably won’t since bouillon is salty. Turn heat so the broth is simmering slowly.
8. Scoop out small rounded scoops of the dough with a teaspoon and drop them into the soup on top of everything. Just let them rest on top. Don’t push down on them.
9. Put the lid on the pot and let it slowly simmer for a full 20 minutes. DO NOT LIFT THE LID!
Dumplings (this makes a lot of dumplings…feel free to cut it in half. I don't, but we really like the dumplings!LOL))
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
2 ½ cups flour
1 TBS baking powder
1 tsp each salt and sugar
Directions for the dumplings:
1. In a big bowl, mix the oil and milk.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Mix it up until it forms a stiff batter. Set aside until you need it.