Wednesday, April 27, 2011

White bread recipe

We are usually wheat bread eaters here.  Not that I don't like white bread...I guess I feel that wheat bread is better for us so that's what we eat.  Honestly, I have rarely met a bread I didn't like. :)

Anyhow, this recipe makes for some yummy white bread...which is great plain, with butter or even better- as French Toast! (I will share that recipe tomorrow.) I hope you will give this recipe a try.  As with any bread, adjust the liquid and flour slightly to make sure the consistency is right...not too wet or dry. I make this in my Kitchen Aid mixer with the dough hook, but you could do it by hand as well.  I have no idea if this will work well in a bread maker.  If you try it, let us know!

I doubled this recipe for two fluffy loaves to make lots of French Toast for the freezer (perfect camping food!)










White Bread

1 1/4 cups lukewarm milk
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Directions: Combine the milk, sugar and yeast. Let sit a few minutes until foamy. Combine flour and salt in another bowl and whisk together. Add the butter (melted) to the milk and stir. Add flour and salt to the milk and knead for about 5 minutes.  Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Punch down, place in a loaf pan, cover and let rise for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oven to 350. Bake for 25 minutes.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lovely blog visitors