Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cauliflower rice!

I can't believe I haven't tried this earlier...so good and healthy! Even my six year old liked it (and he was quite against "cauliflower rice" at first.) I have seen several recipes for this rice substitute around Pinterest.  Here is what I did:












Cauliflower "Rice"
Ingredients:
1/2- whole head of washed and dried cauliflower
A handful of diced onion
a clove of garlic (minced)
*(Next time, I think I might try just some garlic and onion powder to see if I like it without the chunks of onion.  But it was really good this way, too!)
Cooking spray

Directions:
~Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until about the consistency of rice (actually, it's more like couscous). Make sure your cauliflower is good and dry!  Do not add any water at any point.
~Put "rice" into a microsafe bowl and lightly cover (don't seal it tightly) with wax paper or lid. ~Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway. (Again, do not add water!)
~Saute your onions and garlic with a bit of cooking spray in a large non-stick skillet.  Add your rice and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
~Serve as you would rice and enjoy far less calories!!!
(We had this with Kielbasa and black beans...can't wait to try it with an Asian dish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My lovely blog visitors