I accidentally deleted some recipe posts so I wilL try to repost when I can. Let me know if there is a recipe I have posted but is gone now! LOL Sorry!!
Lately, we have had oven baked French fries a couple of times a week...usually to go with a veggie burger, hot dog (have you tried these?? We get the first kind listed. They are delicious and only ONE WW point each!), wrap (the Cheeseburger Chomp is yummy!!) or sandwich. The last time I made the fries (using a slightly different technique than usual), Jeremy said they were as good as fast food fries! Maybe I have deprived him of deep fried foods for too long (LOL) or maybe it was the cool fast food looking baskets I served them in. Whatever the case, there's a new little trick I learned to make them crispy on the outside. I hope you try them out for a healthier fry alternative!
Oven French Fries
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
4 tsp oil (I use olive oil)
1 tsp paprika
1. Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2 inch thick strips.
2. Soak in a mixture of 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar and cold water for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Drain potatoes and toss with oil and paprika.
5. Spread potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until crunchy on the outside and soft inside. Sprinkle with a little extra salt and enjoy! (Cute baskets optional. LOL)